Recently after committing a patch, I had this issue when I needed to update my local Git working repository with the main remote of plasma media-center. The task is not that tough, but still required me to search for it extensively before applying, and then I thought to share it on my blog.
![]() |
| Git Summary Flowchart |
If you need to throw away everything in your local copy and update just like a fresh repository, this post is for you !
Note:: Assuming that remote repository is the origin and you are interested in master.
git fetch origin
git reset --hard origin/master This fetches the all the commits from the remote repository, and position the working copy to the tip of the master branch. However all local commits will be gone. I would suggest having different remotes in that case !Further, if you want to reapply some changes on top of the remote, this is for you::git pull --rebase origin masterI would post more Git explorations as and when possible !Cheers!







0 comments:
Post a Comment