GNOME Shell !!

Hi everybody, this time I am going to share my experience of trying out the 'cool' GNOME shell on my Ubuntu 11.10. Well, I got to know about this defining technology of the GNOME 3 User Interface when I was browsing some things on the INTERNET.

So what extra features does this GNOME shell provides to the linux users ? Well, from core interface functions like switching to windows and launching applications on the go, everything.  It even has a Activities Overview and an integrated messaging tray on the main User panel ! GNOME Shell, which was launched sometime in 2011, takes advantage of the capabilities of modern graphics hardware and introduces innovative user interface concepts to provide a delightful and easy to use experience. 


 It takes elegance to all together a new level for Linux users. On using it personally for considerable time now, I can say it has a really nice UI and cool visual effects. Many new themes can also be tried out for GNOME shell.


Installing it is also very very easy...just a command away...!!

sudo apt-get install gnome-shell 
  
And then believe me, it wont take much time to install. After the installation process, log out of your linux distro and log back in selecting the GNOME option!

 





Well, try it out !!!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment