So now I guess its the right time to update my blog about the Google Code Jam 2013 in which I took part !
Unfortunately due to exams, I could not appear for Round 1A.
In Round 1B---> I devoted my time trying to solve OSMOS Programming Challenge but unfortunately the answer showed incorrect inspite of example test cases being shown correct. So, in short , I could not stand in top 1000 of the Round and had the one last chance to qualify by clearing Round 1C.
Problems for Round 1B can be viewed here:
https://code.google.com/codejam/contest/2434486/dashboard#s=p0
Round 1C was exciting enough to give. I successfully solved the small test input case for the "Consonants" . Problem. Problems for this round can be viewed here : https://code.google.com/codejam/contest/2437488/dashboard
However, once again I could not stand in top 1000 of the round's ranking which was the qualifying condition for the next round participation.
Various statistics and solutions to the rounds of Google Code Jam 2013 can be seen here: http://www.go-hero.net/jam/13
So the journey did end here for me in this year's competition but overall it was a great learning experience for me in terms of my algorithm and programming knowledge in general. I sincerely hope I do much better next year and I wish a good luck to all the fellow participants who have qualified for further stages :)
Signing off,
Cheers !
I heard about this interesting algorithmic puzzle competition last year when it was in its ending phase through one of my friends, and I was pretty sure to take part in it the next year when it happens. The competition consists of four online rounds leading up to the world finals where the top 25 competitors vie for the $15,000 prize, the coveted title of Code Jam Champion, and an automatic qualification in the next year Code Jam finals to defend the title.
The registrations for the competition began on March 12 for this year's rounds. The first stage was the Qualification Round in which there were 4 programming challenges, and the participants needed to gather atleast 30 points to make up the next round . The link to the dashboard for the contest can be viewed here : https://code.google.com/codejam/contest/2270488/dashboard#s=p0
Fortunately, I was able to solve both the small and the large inputs for the first 2 problems(Tic-Tac-Toe and Lawnmover) , and the small input for the third problem: Fair and Square,and thus managed to score 80 points. With this mail from Google, I was quite satisfied to walk to the next round of the Code Jam 2013.
Unfortunately due to exams, I could not appear for Round 1A.
In Round 1B---> I devoted my time trying to solve OSMOS Programming Challenge but unfortunately the answer showed incorrect inspite of example test cases being shown correct. So, in short , I could not stand in top 1000 of the Round and had the one last chance to qualify by clearing Round 1C.
Problems for Round 1B can be viewed here:
https://code.google.com/codejam/contest/2434486/dashboard#s=p0
Round 1C was exciting enough to give. I successfully solved the small test input case for the "Consonants" . Problem. Problems for this round can be viewed here : https://code.google.com/codejam/contest/2437488/dashboard
However, once again I could not stand in top 1000 of the round's ranking which was the qualifying condition for the next round participation.
Various statistics and solutions to the rounds of Google Code Jam 2013 can be seen here: http://www.go-hero.net/jam/13
So the journey did end here for me in this year's competition but overall it was a great learning experience for me in terms of my algorithm and programming knowledge in general. I sincerely hope I do much better next year and I wish a good luck to all the fellow participants who have qualified for further stages :)
Signing off,
Cheers !








0 comments:
Post a Comment